RE: (TV) Just wood and wire: amp advice

I'd get it fixed, but that's just me. Old tube amps will break down, but
they're relatively easy to fix. The question is whether tube tone is worth
the hassle to you.

I have a Vox AC15 reissue that needs service every once in a while, but to
me it's worth it...I love the way it sounds. I also like my Top Hat King
Royale, but it's pretty friggin loud. I also have a Vibroverb reissue I
don't like much...

Any idea what year your twin is?

> I've been eyeballing the Fender Deluxe reissue (keeping it
> real with the tubes and whatnot), but I'll entertain anything
> at this point , as long as it's reliable, relatively simple,
> and sounds good.

I don't know that this would be more reliable than what you have, and I bet
it's a little harder to fix having PCB's. Plus your twin is about 9 times
louder.

Recommending an amp is like recommending a favorite color, but if I were
starting from zero I would first decide between tube, solid state, or
modeling. If you go for tubes, you could decide on a Fender, Marshall or Vox
tone.

Personally, I like a Vox sound. I like the color blue too. :)

> Also in the market for a trusty overdrive/fuzzbox that I
> don't have to think about too much.

For distortion I like a Menatone Red Snapper, and for way out fuzz stuff I
like a....Boss Metal Zone. Ha.

Maxon makes really nice stuff that isn't too over the top price-wise.

tv