Re: (TV) Just wood and wire: amp advice

Hi Rex. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you....I just got back from my honeymoon (in Reno!) and now , as they say, the honeymoon is over...but as to your query about my guitar. It's kind of an unusual tele. I am actually not certain it's a deluxe after all. The body is sunburst with a faux mother of peal pick-guard. It's definitely not stock as the pickups, whatever they were originally, consist of two coil-type ( lead and mid-range) and then a stock front end pick up ( a total of three pickups) . No humbuckers here. What is most unusual about this guitar though is that it came with a b-bender installed. If you are not familiar with the b-bender - it's a little invention by Gene Parson's (and Clarence White ) that mechanically bends the b string to emulate the sound of a pedal steel guitar. It's pretty cool though I have no idea how to use it so I haven't. I didn't buy the guitar for that purpose. It was just a pretty good deal at the time . I love my tele even more than my strat though I actually play the strat more often. I happened to download some of your group's music by the way and really enjoyed it !
cheers,
Russ

Rex Broome wrote:

Oooh, good stuff.  That there Tele Deluxe... would that be the double-humbucker edition with the large Strat-style headstock, circa maybe '76 or so?  'Cuz that's exactly what I run when I'm not playing the Ricky.

-Rex, not sure *anything* would get him a Lloyd-like lead sound, but that's the fingers, not the gear...