Re: (TV) Just wood and wire: amp advice

> It's kind of an unusual
> tele. I am actually not certain it's a deluxe after all. The body is
> sunburst with a faux mother of peal pick-guard. It's definitely not
> stock as the pickups, whatever they were originally, consist of two
> coil-type ( lead and mid-range) and then a stock  front end pick up ( a
> total of three pickups) . No humbuckers here.

Yeah, these things get confusing.  You got a faux f-hole on that bad boy?  And where's the switch?

The thing about mine is that it's definitely identified as a Tele Deluxe on the headstock, but it most resembles the version that's best known as the Tele Custom... the Custom has the same oversized pickguard, four knobs, and switch in a Les Paul-like configuration, but it has 1 coil and one humbucker and a standard Tele headstock.  Mine has 2 humbuckers and a large Strat-like headstock.  You see them around from time to time but the Customs are more common (Keef R. has one).

> What is most unusual about
> this guitar though is that it came with a b-bender installed. If you are
> not familiar with the b-bender - it's a little invention  by Gene
> Parson's (and Clarence White ) that mechanically bends the b string to
> emulate the sound of a pedal steel guitar. It's pretty cool though I
> have no idea how to use it so I haven't.

I've always been curious how the hell that works!  Am I correct in thinking it operates from some little switch or knob close to where the strap button is?

> I happened to download some of your group's music by the way and
> really enjoyed it !

Thanks!  That version of the "band" was more of a studio thing which has now been superceded by the almost-club-ready 4-piece... a little less Pink Floyd, a little more Television (again, in my dreams), but the tunes are still in place.

Cheers...
Rex