Re: (TV) rushdie - the first cut is the deepest (OT)

In message <BAY22-F11XrRjbDt3Hv00001942@hotmail.com>, Murray Ramone <murrayramone@hotmail.com> writes
admittedly he doesnt deserve to die for that, but I dont think he deserves much sympathy either

It's just a *book* (although a long-winded and frankly tiresome one at that). I mean, I find the Bible offensive in the most part but it's never occurred to me that the penalty for having contributed to it should have been death. Any faith that can't stand criticism surely contains within it the seeds of its own destruction. Who cares? Everyone is free to believe any ridiculous thing they want to believe - although maybe this is no longer the case in the good old US of A? But I'd draw the line at forcing all this bullshit onto the rest of us. How do Americans feel about Bush's statement that anyone who isn't a Christian can't consider themselves an American? What crap.