Tasteful T-Shirt / Posters / RE: (TV) Tasteless T-shirts

>I've often wondered if there was really any TV-related apparel out there and have a
>vague memory of seeing a black t-shirt of the MM cover in a shop during a cashless period;
>I would still think twice about that particular shirt since it carries an aura of "I wasn't
>really there but wish I had been",..

Hey -- Television has been selling T-shirts at their concerts since 2001, so they probably would
no longer carry the aura of "I wasn't really there..."

In 1980 I had a home-made Tom Verlaine t-shirt that I was going to wear while running in a
road race but 'chickened-out' and wore a Roxy Music one instead.

I've been buying all the different versions/colors of the band's t-shirts since they reformed in 2001
but I think I only wore one once. Not sure why, maybe I'm waiting for the perfect occasion, whatever
that might be---if I keep waiting I might be dead before the perfect moment presents itself.

OK, that settles it; I'm going to wear one of the T-shirts on AMTRAK on the way to Roseland and keep
a journal of all the women (and "Rush" fans), who approach me  : > )

I'm thinking of buying some of the band's Official cd "Dec. 4, 1992, The Academy" and some t-shirts, so if
you're interested contact me off list (I can't promise I could get a huge # as I'll be traveling light).

	Leo

PS:  What was the result of Steve Rovner's query about posters for the upcoming Roseland show?
Do any exist?
When Verlaine played on his 1st solo tour in the Fall of 1981 he played at Hampshire College.
My girlfriend who was teaching there put up a bunch of her hand-made posters all over campus as she was
concerned none of the students would show up. Some of them were clever with pictures from the albums and
little snippets of lyrics like "I'm forgetting things, before I think them" and
"I have to face what's never there."  I wish I had saved those---I bet they'd be worth a fortune (in lies).