Another Constraint / Albatross / Musical RE: (TV) Marquee Moon-less

This may seem like cheating, but I forgot to add the constraint that a show
can not be part of a Festival, as very often the band had a time constraint
imposed upon them.  So, e.g. Roskilde or Glastonbury Festival as an answer
is out.

Do you think having to perform the song, MM, (their only top-40 radio hit)
night after night, after night, ..... for 30 years, is like having a musical
albatross around their necks?  Like it's their duty, like having to take out
the trash, like they don't want there to be a riot in the audience?

>but I *could* live without it just because I have so many versions of it to
>enjoy at my own leisure and wouldn't mind the, say, five surprise
rarely->performed tunes which could take its place.

I agree.  It's their signature song and I never tire of it, but during
Verlaine's solo tours many of his interesting songs would be left off of the
set list because of MM's length.  (It always drove me crazy that "Days on
the Mountain" was played so often during those years---its 15-18 minutes
meant that I was not going to hear about four other beautiful songs.)

	Leo