(TV) Days on the Mountain...

Leo:
> (It always drove me crazy that "Days on
> the Mountain" was played so often during those years---its 15-18 minutes
> meant that I was not going to hear about four other beautiful songs.)

To me, the first biggest shock on the "Miller's Tale" live disc was that that song was ever played live.  The second was that it was done with a drum machine.  The third was that Tom actually replicated a lyric that I'd always taken for a vocal mistake on the recorded version... the bit where he says. "Our clothes..."  pause pause pause... keyboard trill... "Our clothes..."  Every other verse has the vocal starting after the keyboard trill, so I thought he'd just jumped the gun, caught the mistake, and restarted where he was supposed to (and left the mistake on the recording, which sounds kind of demo-ish anyhow).  But apparently it was an "artistic choice", or at least ret-conned to sound that way in a live setting.

-Rex