Re: Live cd of Miller Tale / Fortune / RE: (TV) Days on theMountain. ..

> It's a situation similar to how
> he probably never listened to the Collectors' Choice re-issue of the wrong master/mix of his 1st
> solo album, before it was "pressed" into cds, even though he wrote the liner notes!  (Although in
> his defense CC may never have sent him a test-"pressing".

Hey, what ever happened with that?  Was it re-pressed (or was it repressed)?  I had pre-ordered it, so I assume I got the "wrong" mix... CCM never notified me, so I still have it, along with my copy of the original (German?) CD version. Did the "right" mix come out on CCM eventually, and if so, was it yet a third mastering of the album, or was it identical to the original CD (as their version of "Flash Light" was exactly the same as the IRS version)?

> a Tide detergent commercial in which a harried mother tells the camera (as her young
> family frolics on the side of a verdant hill), that she never has to worry anymore about her
> kids' clothes since she switched to Tide---while in the background we hear Tom's music and keyboard
> trill.. "Yeah those days on the mountain I remember so well. Our clothes? Our clothes always clean."

Part of me truly believes we will see something like this... commercials using hip-yet-obscure tunes have become immensely popular (pretty much since the "Pink Moon" VW spot); they seem to add a sort of street-cred, water-cooler "what's that song" cachet to the ads.  Entertainment Weekly even has a column telling you what songs are used in what commercials, and there's at least on compilation of such tunes.  My guess is we'll never hear Tom's vocal, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear the riff to "MM" or "See No Evil" accompanying an aerial shot of an Audi or something tearing down PCH.  Unless Tom stringently disappoves (and I don't even know if he owns the recordings)...

-Rex