Re: (TV) CCR / Marquee Moon

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:42:11 -0400
"Henry Biedenkapp" <henry17306@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not a classic rock person, but I was listening to Creedence Clearwater
> Revival's "Chronicle" cd and the song "Green River" had the guitar riff
> reminiscent of the song "Marquee Moon". CCR sounds really great, IMO, not
> dated at all.
>
> Anybody want to comment?

I'm guessing that you mean the riff after "...hesitating" in MM, and
the riff after "welllll...." in GR.  The tone's a bit different, but
they're both basically descending pentatonic riffs, though the MM riff
starts higher and covers a wider range.

There's a similarity there, but only because it's a pretty standard
blues/rock type of riff.