Re: (TV) Random TV mention...

My local has an mp3 jukebox (when it works) so you can download any song thats licensed - havent tried television yet, but the old codgers at the bar were grooving along to the stooges funhouse the other day - its not cheap (a pound a shot) so at least with marquee moon I'd feel a bit more value for money

From: Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com>
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: Re: (TV) Random TV mention...
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:00:19 -0800

> "9. Television, Marquee Moon. If by chance this autumn you're
> drinking in a pub on a Friday afternoon (or evening) and the pub has
> a jukebox, and the jukebox happens to include this 1977 jewel of an
> album, and if by chance someone attractive stands up from a corner
> table, leaving a Harp lager unattended to put on "Venus," and then
> stands by the jukebox, hips swaying, half-dancing, please get up and
> dance with that someone."

I've seen Marquee Moon in two CD jukeboxes ever.  The last time was at
The Little Cave in Eagle Rock, and "Marquee Moon" was actually
*playing* when I walked in (and I have no doubt it was selected by a
member of the band that started playin half an hour later).  Helluva
jukebox at that place, and it's close to home, but the crowd is
intimidatingly young and hip.

-Rex

--
"Maybe baby election twelve who I really am!"
-Miranda Mellbye Broome