Re: (TV) Random TV mention/Neil Young/Slayer/Al Di Meola

Edinburgh? What local is this?

Most jukeboxes in this city don't deserved to be
called a jukebox - they are so stupefyingly
predictable (AC/DC Greatest Hits, Sabbath Greatest
Hits, Krokus, Dokken, Ratt...ok maybe not the last
few...) and I remember one exceedingly bizarre evening
when I was in a place and a guy paid to hear "After
the Goldrush" in its entirety (yep, even "Hey, hey,
Cripple Creek Fffffffffeeerrrrryyyy"). We retaliated
(I like Neil!) with Slayer's classic "South of Heaven"
album - in its entirety.

Still think Slayer are one of the best twin guitar
bands ever, bizarrely - I think as far as
uber-sinister mosh intros go "South of Heaven" is
unbeatable. Very few mosh bands have good guitar lines
and interplay between the guitarists.

Anybody ever heard Al Di Meola's "Fantasia Suite for
Two Guitars?" Current fave tune, if slightly comical
in parts due to the speed he plays at.

/Bsck to lurking

=====