RE: (TV) Blue Oyster Cult (was 'Rock'sBack pages')

the second he writes anything remotely derogatory about anyone, he should be shouted down with lyrics from "Cultosaurus Erectus." Is it just me? Should I re-evaluate my opinion of BOC? The memory of the "cow-bell" sketch on SNL
is not helping.

I always thought BOC was funny, their lyrics obtuse and obscure, mocking the heavy lyrical bent of their contemporaries. Granted, they did move more to the middle of the road of AOR after "Agents of Fortune" but their were gems scattered among the BOC's later period tracks.

Also, I wouldn't consider them heavy metal (at least the earlier records). I'd consider them a heavy psychedelic blues oriented band. And I can hear parallels between BOC's music and Television's, in the kinds of scalar modes Donald Roeser used to lace the music with. The Dictators are also related to BOC in that they shared the production team of Pearlman and that other guy.

I guess you need a sense of humour to appreciate them.