Re: (TV) Blue Oyster Cult (was 'Rock'sBack pages')

In my book, BOC was always one of the rock bands that my punk friends  liked.
 The Minutemen namechecked 'em in "History Lesson Pt. 2" - "I was  E.Bloom,
Richard Hell, Joe Strummer, and John Doe".  They also covered "The  Red & The
Black", which was fIREHOSE's set closer, and which I believe Mike  Watt still
covers.

Richard Meltzer, besides being a great writer, also formed VOM - which
evolved into the Angry Samoans.

As for the concept of Leonard Cohen writing for KISS, let's not forget that
Lou Reed wrote lyrics for them.  (on one of the best worst albums of all  time)

Heath