Re: (TV) 2nd Listen/Pipe/don't Hear Byrds' Chiming

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:53:33 -0800
Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> wrote:

> Joe
> > It's easy enough to put a pitch shifter pedal in there and have a
> > second done a fifth above the string mix in, sounding like a 12-string,
> > sorta kinda.
>
> Should be an octave, not a fifth...

Whoops, you're right...  I blame the 2nd Guinness at lunch.

> I imagine Tom musta used a Fender 12-string on that Luna
> track and anywhere else where it's actually him.  Never played one of
> those, but would like to!

Neither have I.  Given Tom's fondness for Fenders, that choice wouldn't
surprise me a bit.  I still think they had the ugliest headstock in
history, though.