Re: (TV) ps

At 6:47 AM -0800 11/18/04, Jay wrote:
Let me know what you believe is unjustly omitted from
the list done by magnet magazine.

I'd put Don Caballero's _What Burns Never Returns_ in there somewhere. And I wonder about the inclusion of the Idlewild disc, which I'd heard great things about, but in the event was just sort of power-R.E.M. worshipping. Also, I'd take out Polvo's _Exploded Drawing_, which has good tunes on it, but doesn't latch overall. Instead, I'd put in the two EPs right before--_Celebrate the New Dark Age_ and _This Eclipse_, which are powerful, twisted portraits of a strange, rocking band at their peak.

Now that I'm started, Silkworm's _Libertine_ ought to be on here, as well as Joel Phelps's _3_. And where's Bedhead's _Transaction de Novo_? They did get #1 right, though.
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/