Re: (TV) everyone loves/hates lists...

--- Jay <piazzasanmarco@yahoo.com> wrote:
> go here, click archives and click again for Magnet
> Magazine's Top 60, 1993-2003
>
> I agree with numero uno
>
> http://www.magnetmagazine.com/

Interesting list - I need to hear #1. And I need to listen to PJ
Harvey's TO BRING YOU MY LOVE - I remember liking that record a lot
but haven't played it in years.

Thanks for sending this around. The one omission that jumps out right
away is Tricky's MAXINQUAYE (released 1995), a really mind-expanding
record (unless I missed it in here).

I can't believe LAST SPLASH is sitting in the top ten. First, it's
not a particular strong record, with loads of filler (and I'm not
alone in thinking that) despite a few strong singles. Second, if this
is intended as a substitute for a Pixies record (since their final LP
came out in 1991, just outside the range of this list) then Frank
Black's 1993 solo debut wins hands-down. Either way, I think a number
of choices from #60 down would deserve the #6 slot a lot more than
LAST SPLASH...

--Phil