(TV) Drums & Schwartzberg/Ficca/Willson-Piper

Thanks very much for posting this Joe--very interesting stuff.

Two theories:
1) some of the Verlaine's feelings about Ficca's drumming over the years
might
be explained by Schwartzberg's remarks on what Verlaine likes and doesn't
like
the drummer to do.

2) This article may offer some clues to the mystery of the contributions or
non contributions of the Church's guitarist, Marty Willson-Piper, to The
Wonder.

"..a record he wasn't happy with. There was nothing wrong with it, he just
wanted
to do it over with different people and get a second opinion, so we redid
it."

Maybe Marty Willson-Piper was on this first never released version.

"..We started out with two guitars, bass and drums, but it got complicated.
Four
people not knowing what they're doing is not as easy to deal with as three
people,
so we eliminated one of the guitar players."

Maybe Marty Willson-Piper was the eliminated guitarist.