Re: (TV) Typical Tom Day/Roxy / Schwartzberg Revisited

In message <0351E411702FA84A966DD30E5519124B5304F5@vntmail03.volpe.dot.gov>, "Casey, Leo J" <Leo.J.Casey@VOLPE.DOT.GOV> writes
It's an interesting and ironic[?] fact that Tom used Andy Newmark (former Roxy Music drummer) on the Flash Light album,

Yeah, but he wasn't the _real_ Roxy drummer!

Not to beat this to death :>) , but I'm still puzzled by which particular
album
Schwartzberg was referring to.

Well, as I quoted from the Verlaine interview this morning (in which he seems really happy with Cover as it was):

"I like the sound of this record...I spent a lot of time trying to make it as simple as I could. A lot of the songs are stripped down. I wanted it so an instrument could really speak... it's something you hear on jazz records. The guitar still seems to have a style, something personal about it, it's not something you can get the same from synthesisers."

So I don't imagine it was Cover