(TV) Typical Tom Day/Roxy / Schwartzberg Revisited

Re:  Verlaine Blog (below): Good one Keith!

It's an interesting and ironic[?] fact that Tom used Andy Newmark (former
Roxy Music drummer) on the Flash Light album, and on the '1986 London
Sessions'
album aka "b-Sides" aka the 'Bascombe-London Sessions' aka the 'Lost Album'
.

Albeit Tom's antipathy was probably solely directed at Ferry.

Not to beat this to death :>) , but I'm still puzzled by which particular
album
Schwartzberg was referring to.

Granted, as Keith pointed out the Schwartzberg interview was in 1986 and
Cover came
out in 1984, but that doesn't preclude Schwartzberg referring to Cover in
1986.

Schwartzberg:
>"..We started out with two guitars, bass and drums, but it got complicated.
Four
>people not knowing what they're doing is not as easy to deal with as three
people,
>so we eliminated one of the guitar players."

Newmark played *all of* the drums on the 'Bascombe-London 1986 Sessions" so
we can eliminate
that record. But other than TV himself Jimmy Rip[p] played guitar
extensively if not solely
on both Cover and Flash Light.

My take is Alan Schwartzberg meant the other guitar player (Ripp) was asked,
e.g., to go
get a smoke while TV and Alan 'hammered out' the drum tracks; i.e., not
meant to imply
(some of ) Ripp's guitar tracks weren't used.  OR: months later, post Ripp,
TV asked
another guitar player to attend the Schwartzberg session, and she was asked
to leave.

	Leo