Re: (TV) A few laughs for the weekend

In message <011501c4ce94$1889eb30$4a8090d4@joeslaptop>, Joe Thornton <joe.thornton@gmx.net> writes
Finally, another story from the Guardian today:
www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,1354677,00.html This is about Ireland, and I can make it sort of on-topic by reminding you of what Tom Verlaine said about Ireland in a 1984 interview (www.micksinclair.com/zigzag/verlaine.html): "I'd like to see Ireland, anywhere where people think for themselves and are not influenced by radios and television."

Sadly, over the years Tom has said lots of things which seem at first quite refreshing/interesting until the realisation hits you that they're really quite... well, dumb really.

Or perhaps you put it best with "naive"