RE: (TV) In offense of Cover (hee hee)

-----Original Message-----
From: Micah

Regarding the Mahahavarushinu...Orchestra - you will
get no smirks from me.

I'll second this - "The Inner Mounting Flame" was so new, fresh and
different at the time - too bad the zillions of pseudo jazz musicians who
used it as a template only incorporated volume and neglected the heart, soul
and (divine?) inspiration.  I saw the Orchestra twice - the first time at
Lincoln Center in the spring of '72, and they were magnificent.  One of the
few times I've seen the standard of the best psychedelic improvisation
coupled with Cats Who Knew Their Shit.  Caught them again two years later in
Boston, but by then, the egos had taken over.  But that first album's one
transcendent motherfucker.