Re: (TV) A new focus for the TV mailing list

--- Joe Hartley <jh@brainiac.com> wrote:
> As an example, I have the Velvet Underground box set of CDs that
> came out
> a while ago, and it's got a 5th disk of demos and outtakes.  I've
> listened
> to it exactly once, since it turns out there was a reason this
> stuff wasn't brought out to the general public!

That disc on the VU box always gets a bum rap. First, I *like*
hearing Cale singing "Waiting for the Man" in that weird, slow
arrangement. Second, once fans knew there was a 90-minute VU
rehearsal tape floating around out there, they HAD to release it, or
it would achieve mythic status.

Plus, anyway you look at it, those demos are at least as enjoyable as
30 minutes of low-quality video footage of Tom trying, futilely, to
teach Richard Hell the bass line of "Venus"... and I have a funny
feeling a lot of us have seen that footage more than once.

--Phil