Re: (TV) Mostly OT: What are you listening to?

Phil Obbard <pobbard@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What is everyone listening to these days? I've had a few things in
> heavy rotation the last few weeks.

> Swell Maps - JANE FROM OCCUPIED EUROPE.
> Beulah - THE COAST IS NEVER CLEAR.
> Mekons - FEAR & WHISKEY.
> Blues Project - ANTHOLOGY.
> Lloyd Cole - RATTLESNAKES.
> T. Rex - self-titled (1970).

Wow, great stuff all (I haven't heard the Blues Project, but am
certainly interested).  Never would have pegged the Verlaine/Cole
vocal comparison myself, but it holds more water than the comparison
with Lawrence from Felt.

I've gotten rather stuck on a Kathleen Edwards record whose appeal is
hard to pin down, the last Wrens release, last year's album by the
Church, Rilo Kiley, and oddly loads of Roy Orbison.  It's fun to be
me.

-Rex