Re: (TV) Mostly OT: What are you listening to?

Hi Phil,

> What is everyone listening to these days?

Much the same as you, I think!

> Swell Maps - JANE FROM OCCUPIED EUROPE. My first SM
> record, and it's amazing.

That's great! Haven't played it for a good while. You've reminded me of
how good it is. I assume this is the Secret Canadian edition?

> Bowie - Thanks to SavageJaw.co.uk

Savage Jaw should be banned! I used 40% of my monthly bandwidth
in 3 days downloading some of those DVD's. Plan to watch Baal
tonight.

> T. Rex - self-titled (1970). Just got this last night - so far, so
> good (how can something that contains "Jewel" not be good?)

I've been playing A Beard Of Stars a lot. It's not too disimiliar; the
execution is bit more primitive, which is all part of its charm.

Siouxsie & The Banshees - Downside Up - the 4 CD box set of
Banshees B-sides. A fantastic document of a constantly evolving and
creative band. There really is some great stuff here - Tattoo, Voices,
Shooting Sun, Drop Dead plus The Thorn ep.

P.J. Harvey - loads of live things downloaded from Easytree - another
evil site, which should be banned :-)

Cliff

"Marc Bolan 1947-1977 A Chronology" by Cliff McLenehan
New revised paperback edition available from:
www.helterskelterbooks.com