Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 09:23:11 -0800 (PST)
From: Phil Obbard <pobbard@yahoo.com>
Subject: (TV) Mostly OT: What are you listening to?

Lloyd Cole - RATTLESNAKES. I bought this CD years ago since Lloyd is
often likened vocally to Verlaine, but it only really caught me this
month. Suddenly, I don't want to play anything else. I even broke
down and ordered the 2CD "deluxe" version from the UK, which arrived
yesterday, and includes a whole disc of outtakes, b-sides, BBC
sessions, etc., including 2 versions of "Glory"! In the liner notes,
the band says they chose to cover something from ADVENTURE as it was
more obscure than MARQUEE MOON, and that "Glory" was a regular
addition to their early sets. One band member says he wishes they had
covered "Carried Away", too.