Re: (TV) Don't Do E-mail

> Hey Dennis have you been traveling? --haven't heard you on List for a bit,
> glad to see your post to List.

I've been around, just not posting much. But I do still read all the posts
here.

> cd-r was in 'production', a person on the List contacted Tom to get his
> permission to release it without List having to pay royalties, etc.

This was all before I joined the list I guess.

> This same Lister when he reached Tom (obviously not by phone or in-person)
> then wrote to List that [and I quote]
> "Got a message from 'The Man'.  He [TV] wrote: "it [the tribute cd] sounds
> like fun."

When I first met Tom I was in a band that only did covers, including a few
Television songs. We were a 3 piece and Tom seemed really interested in how
we did the songs as a trio.

> I actually find his not "doing" e-mail kind of endearing---but his postage
> bills must be enormous!  :>).

I think he gets a lot of his correspondence through 3rd parties. A friend of
mine was putting together a CD about the New York/CBGB's scene. He asked me
to get a letter to Tom and I did it through another member of the band.

Cellphones pretty much suck in NYC, I can't get any calls when I'm in the
Old Devil Moon or sometimes even at home.