(TV) Easy: "It's just how they're played .. and where they're put."

Short Excerpt from 60-Minute September 1982, "Dreamtime"

Promo-Interview of Verlaine by NYC DJ Meg Griffith:

Meg Griffith ( as "The Blue Robe" plays in the background):

Sometimes .. actually most of the time in your songs, at the same time I
hear

chaos I hear harmony, like one's underneath and one's on top, or vice-versa.

Is that like ah .. is that like a conscious effort, or do you ever feel like
your

schizophrenic?

TV:  I think that's like how you were asking me about [my musical]

background before.  That might be having grown up listening to

supermarket records of symphonies and jazz.   (Pause)  See to me

my stuff sounds so easy . none of the songs have more than six

chords .. you know.

Meg:  Right.

TV:  It's just the way it's arranged.

Meg:  Yeah.  . it's textured.

TV:  Yeah. . the way the parts lock together . it's unusual.  I guess it's
unusual.

I feel funny saying it's unusual cause to me it just sounds like the way  to
do it.

But like when I was auditioning guitar players, a lot of guys had a really
tough time.

And .. and actually one guy said, "Are you crazy?".  I said, "No it's very

simple.  Chink! Chink! Chink!." ... and they just shook their heads and
stared

at the floor.  Like a lot of these new songs have just three chords.

Meg: Right.

TV:  Particularly on the new album . most of them have four chords I think.

It's just .  it's just how they're played . and where they're put.