(TV) Counting / Amateur / Morbid / Slippery

Herman
[your name and the early sunsets make me think of
Steppenwolf--not the band :>) ]

>At 18 minutes per, that's 1500 hours of MM!

My specific question on # of times was meant as joke--cause how
would the true # ever be known?!?--although from Keith's follow-up
Qs we now know that the actual true answer must 'end in' a
fractional part, e.g., be:

w,xyz plus 2times{(10 seconds)divided by (18 min. times 60 seconds)}

  = w,xyz + 1/54 times.

>Almost as many hours of TV as you have on CD-R, ..

I'll be happy to send you something off-list--esp. for
a guess that high :>)  But I'm really just an bumbling amateur
(yeah I know, false modesty gets one nowhere) compared to true
musical archeologists and collectors: Mr. Rovner, Webb, Allison,
and others (please reveal your selves).

I would be the first to admit, however, that I'm afflicted with a
terrible, terrible 'condition' known loosely as being a 'compleatist'.

Sometimes when I look out my office window at the saturnine February sky,
the filthy, sooty snow, and ponder this endless winter, I think about how
after I'm dead my baby-brother will eventually find all my Television
vinyl/cds/cd-rs, mementos, and minutiae, and toss 'em all in trash.
Too bad he couldn't give me a Vikings-funeral and at least use 'em as
kindling. (Actually, my cd-rs shelf-life is very likely considerably less
than my remaining time as Television listener).

	Leo

PS:
>OT, perhaps. - the new Spoon record is titled 'Gimme Fiction'...
>a sideways tribute, perhaps?

Television's version of song is either about how nails wouldn't
keep houses' frames from falling down (and all of earth's wheels able
to move forward), OR: TV anticipated the tv-commercial I saw last night
featuring a mid-30s couple praising the benefits of KY jelly.

The gigs, the record, the tours, every show since then.
Its got to be 5000 times.
At 18 minutes per, that's 1500 hours of MM!
Almost as many hours of TV as you have on CD-R, Leo.
 - Herman