(TV) The Dream's Dream - a question

Currently working out a twin guitar and drums version
(no bass) for my band.

Been playing along to the Waldorf version as it is
more transparent what is actually going on. I went
over to playing along to the album version and my
guitar sounded awful along with it - it appears to be
either sharper or flatter or in a different key
entirely that I cannot discover.  The Waldorf version
starts with a G power chord and then goes to an
ascending line on the B string, and I've worked out
most of the tune now (I will tab it and post it when
finished, I promise!) but I am still struggling on
what to have the other guitarist play in the guitar
solo bit (it will have to be a combination of the
guitar and bassline to get those nice descending
parts!)

Any ideas on what is happening on the recorded
version?  Is there technical piggery-jokery?

(Also any tips on how to play it would be great, still
got several bits I am unsure about - even the chords
would help!)

Hope y'all out there are doing well,

Bilbicus

=====