RE: (TV) Deliberate Speed-change vs. Error / Dream / Q / Foreigner's Vocal s

-----Original Message-----
From: Casey, Leo J
 Q: For Maurice or anyone.  RE: >Speeding it up a touch is a quick
>way of >making the recording seem fresh. This seems to have been
>common, particularly in rock, but apparently other genres, too ..

This makes a lot of sense. Just curious where you read about speed
*for freshness* on other rock recordings (in various producers'
[e.g., G. Martin's, Terry Melcher's! :>) ] memoirs, or is it just
fairly common knowledge among musicians?

I remember a Chuck Berry interview where he said some of his earlier hits
were sped up during mastering to make him sound younger (Chuck was no
teenager even back then).  Also, the liner notes to the "Layla" anniversary
edition mention some of the songs being VSO'd (that's Variable Speed
Oscillator for those who don't speak tech) when the musicians realized
certain songs sounded better at a slightly brisker tempo - they weren't, in
the words of one engineer - really concerned with absolute "A"s but with how
the track felt.