Re: (TV) Warm and Cool!? Warm and Cool!!??

--- Rex Broome <rexbroome@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's gonna be the same record with less artwork again, innit?

That's *exactly* what I thought. As you said, at least it's getting
his catalog back in print, but I feel bad for someone getting into
Verlaine by purchasing the 2002 reissue of TOM VERLAINE, the 2003
reissues of FLASHLIGHT, MARQUEE MOON, and ADVENTURE, and now this...

But in fairness, here's how Verlaine and/or the label probably
thought about it:

"Let's see. DREAMTIME and THE WONDER are completely out of print.
WORDS FROM THE FRONT and COVER are only available as crappy budget
reissues overseas. On the other hand, Verlaine has hours of material
in the can recorded over the last decade, vocal and instrumental.
Finally, his last solo record, released in 1992, was a low-profile
instrumental effort released on a major label with very little
promotion, and even fewer buyers, so it is still easy to find in used
CD stores. I mean, look, there's a slew of copies on Half.com right
now, going for roughly half the price of used copies of DREAMTIME and
THE WONDER. So... what should we release then? Wait, I know - let's
re-release that unpopular instrumental one!"

--Phil