Re: (TV) Warm and Cool!? Warm and Cool!!??

> That's *exactly* what I thought. As you said, at least it's getting
> his catalog back in print, but I feel bad for someone getting into
> Verlaine by purchasing the 2002 reissue of TOM VERLAINE, the 2003
> reissues of FLASHLIGHT, MARQUEE MOON, and ADVENTURE, and now this...

I'd agree except for on the last two.  The Television reissues are
fine starting places, better than the previous CD reissues, even if
(and I say this having just heard them last night) the bonus tracks
are a bit of a long and confused slog.  Except for the overdue
addition of LJJ to MM.

My kids (4 and 2, both girls) were staying with me and they really
really liked LJJ, by the way.  The older one really liked singing
along with the riff... "Bom bom bomp!"  It has a real childlike
appeal; the early guitars even sound like a child noodling around
experimentally on a toy or something.  I think they even liked Tom's
voice!

> "Let's see. DREAMTIME and THE WONDER are completely out of print.
> WORDS FROM THE FRONT and COVER are only available as crappy budget
> reissues overseas.

I think that uncorrected and unremastered versions of WFTF* and Cover
would be the only potention Verlaine releases I simply would not buy.
I slightly regret buying the Flash Light reissue, but my old one was
getting pretty scratchy and I wanted to encourage more reissues.
However, if that abortion of a CD of Cover were re-released unchanged,
forget it.

-Rex

*The initials to Words From the Front, written like that, look to me
like someone asking "what fuck the fuck?" in the post-internet world.