Re: (TV) Warm and Cool!? Warm and Cool!!??

At 6:39 PM +0000 3/4/05, Keith Allison wrote:
Actually, I did notice before I fell asleep yesterday that W&C *does* have a great sound to it, in-your-face, quite uncluttered/raw and with that as-if-you-were-sitting-in-the-studio-with-them ambience. As little crap as possible between the instruments and your ears.

Absolutely. It's a great sound. I really, really like W&C, apart from "Ore" and "Lore," which I've skipped so consistently that I probably haven't heard them in ten years. The rest of it's great mood music, ranging from the wistfulness of "Those Harbour Lights" to the creepy tension of "Saucer Crash" to the last of the Depot pieces, which might be my favorite on the disc. I'd gladly buy W&C 2, but I also recognize that a disc of new rock tunes would be more attractive to more people. I suspect, though, that unless something jolts Tom into action, we live in a world in which the audience recordings of recent works are all we're going to get.
--

Maurice Rickard
http://mauricerickard.com/   |   http://onezeromusic.com/