(TV) Dumb guitar tech question

Okay, I've got the 12-string.  And I've got the tube amp and I've got
the Compression pedal, the standard issue Smurf-blue Boss one.  It has
knobs for tone, level, attack and sustain.  For practical purposes,
let's pretend I'm about to do a Byrds cover.  How do I set the damned
pedal to do a close approximation for live purposes?

nb. "buy a more expensive outboard device" shall not be considered a
valid response.  You'll have to listen to at least one Eagles album if
you even suggest it.

-Rex