RE: (TV) Dumb guitar tech question

Which one? I have a Squier Venus 12.

> And I've got the tube amp and
> I've got the Compression pedal, the standard issue Smurf-blue
> Boss one.  It has knobs for tone, level, attack and sustain.

I usually just fiddle with knobs until I get something I like, but I'll give
it a shot.

Attack sould be set so you can hear some of the percussiveness of the
initial pluck. Maybe try turning it clockwise till plucked notes sound
completely dead then back off a bit.

Turn the sustain to the right until notes start to pump...after the initial
hit they'll swell and get louder as they ring. Find that point and back off
a bit.

Now set the level knob so it sounds about as loud as it does when the unit
isn't engaged. You may want to set it a scootch higher, as compressed
signals don't sound quite as loud.

Now just set the tone where it sounds good.

Basically you want it to sound "normal", but evened out a bit. It shouldn't
be an obvious effect. If it does sound real obvious you probably need to
back off on the sustain knob.

I am not a guitar tech, you may end up sounding like crap.

tv