Re: (TV) Warm and Cool!? Warm and Cool!!??

In message <20050305060346.8229.qmail@web60006.mail.yahoo.com>, grntg <grntg@yahoo.com> writes
Warm and Cool is one of my favorite Verlaine cd's. It's influence, and want of a second one, heavily inspired my cd the disappearance (which can be heard here, http://www.mp3.com.au/GregoryGrant/
do you mooners really think I'd miss a chance for a shameless plug?

I like The Disappearance more than Warm and Cool. But then, Verlaine never sent me a free copy of W&C.

I think W & C is the ultimate soundtrack for driving late at night, it does not put me to sleep.

It's entirely possible that falling asleep was more related to my physical condition than the effect of W&C. I once feel asleep during the Rolling Stones at Knebworth - but then Keef Richards was asleep too so I was in good company.

I agree with Maurice's post about ore and lore, it's like the Rocket or Yonki Time (sorry Phil), a diversion or a muse, I don't think Verlaine does filler.

No, he doesn't. I just read through my old Wonder review of W&C and discovered that the only tracks I really liked were "Ore" and "Lore". I guess I'm just a lost cause.

Speaking of odd Verlaine songs, to me "this cops from mars" has a warm and cool with vocals feel. Mabye Verlaine will voice over W & C (ala William Shatner) for the re-release. We'd all buy it.

Sad, but true. Or better still, get Shatner to do it!