Re: Naive Q / RE: (TV) Dumb guitar tech question

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 14:55:41 -0300 (ART), amilcar amarante
<amilcaramarante2002@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> "the wonder " has 12 strings
> (stalingrad ,pillow ) ,but maybe marty wilson-piper
> played it ...

Tom and 12-strings was a debate a while back.  They are totally there
on those tracks on The Wonder, but there are a few others on his other
solo records (e.g. the pre-chorus part of "Cry Mercy Judge"... we had
a sort of half-assed thread about this a few months ago).  Those could
also be Ripp, though.  They are almost always "coloring", overdubs
beyond the main two guitar parts for a little extra flava.  I'd say
the Luna track is easily Tom's only recorded 12-string work which
could be considered a "solo", FWIW.

-Rex