(TV) Big Bad Love vs Love& a 45 l / Apples

Joe Thornton wrote:
>> At least there was some other good stuff on the Big Bad Love
soundtrack! Did anyone see the film? What did you think of it?

I often get the movies "Big Bad Love" and "Love and a 45" mixed
up.  "Big Bad Love" a has T.V.'s "Sleepwalkin'" plus a different
version of his "Spiritual" , which is a collaboration with the
Kronos Quartet.

"Big Bad Love" stars Debra Winger and her real-life husband Arlis
Howard.  I think it's quite good.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0260746/combined

In "Love And A .45 's production credits, Verlaine is credited as
"Composer (Music Score)". I own a VHS of this. In addition to selecting
other artists' songs for soundtrack, supposedly Verlaine wrote music and
played guitar for the film. But despite several viewings/listenings I
hear only snippets of his guitar work.

However, he does make an unaccredited an eerie cameo---during a violent
scene
involving a criminal and Rene Zellweger if you look very carefully at an
apple
tree in the far background in the shadows you can just
barely see a guy, who has hung himself---it's Tom.