RE: (TV) woman-with-guitar sightings { > random thoughts}

Hi Robin-

Very thought-provoking stuff you raise here. I think women mainly are not only guitarists, they are thought of other things as well. For instance, I think PJ Harvey is a great guitarist, but she is thought of mainly as, I dunno a singer or an artist. Same with Joni. I think she's great on guitar. But she's thought of as something else. Bonnie Riatt on slide on her early albums- fantastic! Rory Block. Susan Tedeschi. Ellen McIlwaine. I almost think because they sing they don't just get noticed for their great guitar.

Regards,

Brian

robin dunn <rdunnrn@yahoo.com> wrote:
i once watched chrissie hynde being interviewed by
sandra bernhardt. bernhardt was trying to be very
equality-minded and was complaining that "girls don't
become great guitarists because no one encourages
them!" ....