(TV) OT : Milk-Eyed Mender

(What I'm listening to)
This has nothing to do with punk rock, (as Mark E. Smith says, 'I wouldn't have it in the house')but everything to do with: quirky lyrics, advanced string playing, and singing in funny voices.
I'm talking about Joanna Newsom and her debut album 'The Milk-Eyed Mender' - first time I heard her yawping voice I had to laugh out loud - others have experienced a more violent reaction - but her harp playing( ! really - check it out) and word-slinging kept me interested, and now it's growing on me; the cd hasn't left my laser-box for days.

Most of this nuevo-acid folk - Devendra Banhart, Six Organs of Admittance, etc. just sounds like more re-hash to me, but trust me this is good, wild, original stuff.... admittedly not for everyone; she's on tour now in the UK, Europe.
www.dragcity.com/bands/newsom/html