Re: (TV) OT : Milk-Eyed Mender

well, yeah, absolutely.  most folks actually *can't*
sing.  but i guess what i'm getting at is the idea
that although anyone would have told them they
couldn't do it, and they can't do it according to
conventional expectations, they do work at it and
succeed anyway.

and of course all the people i mentioned (except maybe
dylan) have a pretty narrow audience because of their
sound.  i've known people who could not listen to
television because of tom's voice -- yet it doesn't
bother me at all.  and heaven knows not everyone is
cut out for listening to victoria williams.  but man,
no one's music makes me happier than hers.