Re: (TV) Distinctive voices

--- Scott Simpson <SSimpson@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>  i've known people who could not listen to
> television because of tom's voice
> -- yet it doesn't bother me at all.
>

> Remember the first time you heard David Thomas or
> David Byrne?
>
> Scott, NYC

yeah, the problem is i really liked them!  what is it
that causes some people to really enjoy music that is
antagonizing to most people (i.e. ayler, late
coltrane, vic williams)?  i really, really enjoy stuff
that totally irritates almost anyone who hears it.
the sounds make me happy.  and i am totally irritated
by a lot of conventional music (lyle lovett causes an
almost violent reaction).