Re: (TV) Semi-OT: Genre of Television? / Prog Rock: Television's millions of new fans?

In message <0351E411702FA84A966DD30E5519124B530998@vntmail03.volpe.dot.gov>, "Casey, Leo J" <Leo.J.Casey@Volpe.dot.gov> writes
c) Anyone heard any of the 'prog rock' bands groups  mentioned below?

My sons listens to Mars Volta all the time. First time, Tania thought it was King Crimson so she gave him a copy of In The Court of the Crimson King, and I'd be really surprised if the Mars Volta hadn't listened to it from time to time.

I took him with me to see Television last year at the ULU - he really liked it when Richard really got going.

Keith

(NP: Van der Graaf Generator which is, I guess, relevant)