RE: (TV) .CDA files rather than .WAV (OT)- Help needed, please

--- Howard Webb <howard@howardwebb.com> wrote:
> I don't quite get this - my PC has never seen audio CDs as WAVs.
> I've always had to use 3rd party software to extract the audio
> files to WAVS (eg exact audio copy).
> Otherwise, Windows explorer thinks that CD audio files are CDA
> files.

Same here. Windows natively sees the files as CDA files in Windows
Explorer; I use CDex or EAC to extract them as WAV files (or
MusicMatch or Nero or iTunes... etc). From experience, this is true
of Windows 98, NT, 2000, and XP (and probably 95, ME, and 2003, too).

Brian, I wonder if you had a 3rd-party extension installed that
allowed Windows Explorer to see WAV files directly on CDs, and now
that 3rd party extension has gotten removed/misconfigured/etc.?

--Phil