Re: (TV) Hypothetical question from the Toronto Globe and Mail

In message <20050602023021.89139.qmail@web60311.mail.yahoo.com>, Phil Obbard <pobbard@yahoo.com> writes
No Tom Verlaine? Verlaine never talks about the VU as an influence, ever. Nor (off the top of my head) any heavily VU-influenced band, does he?

Not that I can recall - they did tell the story of how they cornered Lou Reed and confiscated his cassette recorder at a Television CBGB gig, though. I seem to remember Tom naming the Yardbirds and the Stones as the '60s bands that made an impression. Makes sense to me. Not to mention o,d monster/UFOmovies and film soundtracks.