Re: (TV) Views on 'Velvetts to Voidoids'?

When Clinton was "researching" this book, he got in touch with a friend of
mine named Lewis G. and demanded a bunch of tapes (no CD burners everywhere
then). Lewis had gotten his tapes from a mutual friend of ours and swore he
would not circulate them. So he didn't give them to Clinton. Clinton went on
to "thank" Lewis for not giving him the tapes in question. Eventually Lewis
fell on hard times and sold a lot of the tapes he swore he wouldn't. I think
it is safe to say a lot of the 70's CBGB's Television CD's we now have are
from this collection.
But I immediately disliked Clinton and though I did buy the book, I only
read bits and pieces of it. Someday I should read the whole thing, I think I
will end up disliking Clinton more if I do read it.

> Okay, now that I'm done with the chapters dealing directly with
Television, what are listers views on this book ? I like it for the most
part,but find that the details this book supplies are still only cursory. I
think I remember reading on this list that Clinton Heylin is not espcially
well liked by a certain Mr. Verlaine..?