RE: (TV) Views on 'Velvetts to Voidoids'?

There are several books that cover the mid-70s NYC scene, but Heylin's is
unfortunately the only one that covers the Cleveland/Akron scene in any
comprehensive way. David Thomas isn't too happy with all the inaccuracies and
omissions in the original edition of the book, and the new edition doesn't
seem to have corrected anything--it's just an update.

If you're interested in Pere Ubu, Pete Laughner, Tin Huey, Mirrors, etc. you
should read the rest of the chapters. If you're mostly interested in the NYC
scene, read old issues of Punk magazine and/or Legs McNeil's Please Kill Me
(equally flawed but a much better read than Heylin).

Jim K.