Re: (TV) Views on 'Velvetts to Voidoids'?

--- Joe Thornton <joe.thornton@gmx.net> wrote:
> Further to that, I must say that Heylin's liner notes to The
> Miller's Tale are a very interesting read.

Yeah, although surprisingly subjective for the liner notes to a
release on a major label. He really knocks ADVENTURE, and argues that
Verlaine was permanently changed by the original rejection of the
album that would become FLASHLIGHT.

> Tom Verlaine wasn't consulted
> about the album's release (and he doesn't think much of Heylin).

Fair enough (although Tom did submit a track list for the "best of"
second disc, which was apparently pretty ordinary - no B-sides or
anything), but I think we know if Tom had HAD a major role in this
release, it probably never would have come out... :^)

--Phil