Re: (TV) Maybe we should start an EDD group. At least they produce.

All right, all right, I cave! Maybe I can get some of their stuff for a long drive this weekend.

On Aug 5, 2005, at 2:04 PM, Scott Simpson wrote:

Beet will always be their signature album for me, with the greatest songs. But there is some good stuff on Ursa Major -- I was listening to it in the car yesterday. There is some great dual lead guitar work on either Orange Moon or Bearish on High. My favorite intro to EDD is a compilation tape of their early stuff, PSF/W and the early eps. Everybody falls in love with
it.

Either way, it boggles the mind that this group never made it big.

Scott, NYC

-----Original Message-----
From: tv-owner@obbard.com [mailto:tv-owner@obbard.com] On Behalf Of Phil
Obbard
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 12:27 PM
To: tv@obbard.com
Subject: (TV) OT: Eleventh Dream Day

--- Jay <piazzasanmarco@yahoo.com> wrote:
but i will throw out sonic youth and the feelies and eleventh dream
day and so many more

Speaking of which, on your recommendation, I picked up LIVED TO TELL and the
PRAIRE SCHOOL FREAKOUT/WAYNE 2fer recently. They're great!

I had also picked-up URSA MAJOR a few years ago but this didn't really win me over... the two other albums are much tighter. I've seen a few reviewers
liken EDD to "Neil Young meets Television", which isn't too far off.

--Phil