Re: (TV) just purchased my tix for gang of 4...

On 8/12/05 9:47 AM, "Jay" <piazzasanmarco@yahoo.com> wrote:

> a $19 ticket becomes 27.00 after ticket master is
> through anally probing, then raping me
>

> FUCK YOU TICKETMASTER

This is one of my biggest gripes. With all the monopoly talk of ATT,
Microsoft, Cable etc.,  Ticketmaster is allowed to continue and steal from
the consumer. I just bought two tickets to the Stones at the Hollywood Bowl.
$30 dollars worth of fees - 23% of the price of the tickets. Talk about
bending over. I think the biggest scam is charging "convenience" fees per
ticket as opposed to per order.

Another insidious practice is the pre-sale clubs. A lot of the country stars
and of course, the Eagles practice this scheme (I was actually pleasantly
surprised that the Stones did not). This is where you pay $30 or so to join
a club that allows you to buy "premium" pre-sale tickets. The only thing is
the shows sell out anyhow so if you don't pony up this extortion fee, you
can get shut out completely. What's worse is paying the fee and getting
shitty tickets.

Rant over
mike